Saturday, August 22, 2009


The customers loved my stuff and my sales started increasing right away.
It wasn't long after beginning my little corner that "Miss Minnie's" antique shop moved to a new location. I then moved my space to a 10 x 10 booth
and the heat was on.
I decided that because I loved cottage decor that the theme of my space
would be "romantic cottage." So, off to my favorite thrifts, estate sales
and yard sales to find unique one-of-a-kind pieces to turn into works of art!
One of my first projects was this used-to-be very boring laddar back chair.
It was painted brown and definitely lacked pizzazz. So, I painted it a
hot pink, made a pillow in a coordinating fabric(given to me by my sister),
and filled in a "pink corner" with other fabulous finds.
By now I am totally hooked on hunting for "stuff." Everyday I'm up and attum and off to my favorite hanunts. Habitat is one of my favorites and if you have never been, don't turn your nose up at the idea. They have wonderful things to breathe new life into, and you are helping a worthy cause as well!
Stay around, I've got a lot more projects to show you and ideas that you can use too. You won't believe some of the things that you can find new uses for and can make breathtakingly beautiful!

No comments:

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup