Sunday, October 25, 2009

Even duck tape couldn't rescue this sad little chair........



Oh whoa is me!  This is one sad little chair that sat in the back of the garage at an estate sale.  It was covered with boxes and other things, but I could see the little tiny floral fabric peeking out and calling my name.  When I uncovered the stuff on top it revealed itself as one sweet little boudoir chair that at one time had been dearly loved.
I thought about passing it up, especially when I saw the duck tape.  But hey, it really does have potential.  I imagined the lady that used to sit in this sweet little chair, perhaps in front of a vanity table or maybe while mending something for her family, she would have wanted me to have it.  So, in my little tiguan it goes!

And, the best part of all, it was only $5.00!

Next, it's off to the upholster for some love.

As soon as it's ready, I'll show everyone.

5 comments:

Jane said...

That chair is a diamond in the rough! Can't wait to see what it looks like with it's new upholstery.
Jane

Tracie Nall said...

It is such a perfectly sweet little chair. It is crying out for some love and a good home. I can't wait to see it after you preform some of your make-over magic on it!

Liz Harrell said...

Oooh... for $5, you can do fabulous things with this chair! Cant wait to see!

Angie said...

What a great deal on that too cute chair!

Unknown said...

I am popping over form SITS! I love your chair! Way to go getting such a great deal! Your blog page is so pretty. I love the background and the flowers. They are delightful!

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup