Friday, October 2, 2009

My Sister's Beautiful, elegant livingroom

My sister's beautiful livingroom is so dreamy.  Note her french cabinet full of majolica.  I'm not sure how many pieces she actually has but, I'd say hundreds.    Our decorating styles are so much alike and yes, we are both hopelessly adicted to home decorating books and shopping for our homes.  Our idea of a good time is going to Home Goods, antique stores and thrift stores in search of that perfect thing we just gotta have.  So, what do you think of her gorgeous room?

3 comments:

Katy Montgomery said...

Oh my! I heart your blog, your living room, and those FRAMES!!! I collect old frames and have not been as successful financially as you have. The only place I can find them in my neck of the words is at antique stores and they cost a minimum of $40. I just love old frames!! Stopping in from SITS to say hi!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Thanks Katy! I really appreciate your kind comment. Love your blog too!

Tracie Nall said...

SITS sent me...and I stayed!! She has such a cute room. It looks like the perfect mix of traditional touches without being too formal. And the flower pillow is super cute too!

Have a great weekend!

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup