While rummaging through some Christmas decorations I came upon this angel tree topper which has been in my family for nearly 60 years! Yes, I am admitting that.
In my family the tradition was to put the tree up on Christmas Eve. My Father worked late and we would wait until he came home to put the angel on the tree.
Just a year before my Mother died I asked her about the angel. She couldn't recall where she had stored it. While cleaning out the house I found it behind a dresser drawer where it had gotten lodged.
It's made of cardboard and some kind of material was used for the hair. The stars
are peeling and the angel wings are tattered, but hey who wouldn't be at this age!
I brought her home, cleaned her up and now she comes out every Christmas, not on the top of the tree because she's too fragile, but lovingly placed in a prominent area.
I look at her and the memories come flooding back of Christmases long ago that were shared with a loving Mother and Father.
I hope you enjoy seeing her, she deserves center stage and worldwide debut.
My favorite stuff
- Iced Vanilla Coffee
- Finding Junk and making it beautiful
- Spending Time with my Sister
- Holidays with my family
- Poirot movies
- reading murder mysteries
- searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
- writing stories and blogging
- snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
- comfortable pajamas
- slot machines
- yard sales
- hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
- going to antique shops
- eating out with my sister
- having lunch with my husband
- having lunch with my son
- vanilla wafer cookies
- pedicures and pink toenail polish
- Lavender scented soaps and body wash
- Good makeup