Monday, November 9, 2009

Tarnished Silver Re-do

I just love it when I find these tarnished candlelabras.  They are ususally brass, ewww!; or tarnished silver that will not come clean no matter how much you scrub or polish.
So, I just slap on the paint and look what happens.


I really need to find some more crystals for this one so, I'm not done yet.  Hope you like it now, and wait until you see it later.  Such beautiful shabbiness......
                                     Hugs.......Sissie

  Oh, by the way, I'm going to West Virginia to see my sister
and her first newborn Granddaughter, Peyton.  So expect to see
lots of photos when I get back.  We are going to do some serious shopping!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Marie De Marco said...

i have repurposed a few of them myself, it's a total transformation.
marie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, WOW, what a wonderful transformation! Can I ask what paint you used?

Hugs,
Marsha

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

A little bit of spray paint works miracles! Hope you have a great visit with your sis.

Blessings,
Linda

Jane said...

That is a beautiful transformation. It looks perfect with the decor in your home. Have a wonderful visit with your sister and her new grandbaby!
Jane

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Thank you for the info on the paint and for becoming a follower! Good luck in the draw! Looking forward to seeing pictures from your visit!

Hugs,
Marsha

Tracie Nall said...

So pretty! I can't wait to see your photos! Have a great trip and stay safe!

Cindy said...

That looks great! I painted some brass ones before and they do come out very well! Huge difference!

Cindy said...

I love all your whites!The brass candelholders are an an extreme makeover; from yuk to yum!Do you use spray paint?

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup