Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Annie Sloan is at the Beach!

Hi Bloggerettes! 

I know many of you are using the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint so, don't be jealous when I tell you that it's available right here in my neighborhood.  Right in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in a lovely shop called, "Beaches."  So Annie's not really here, but her paint is! 
I also want you to know that I have not been compensated or asked to do this post.  I'm just excited for "Beaches" to be a special distributor of this great product.
Beaches is just full of pretty things....

This is Lynette,(on the right) owner of Beaches, with the infamous, Annie Sloan.
Lynette and Sandy attended one of Annie's conventions/workshops where she learned many wonderful techniques and tips for using chalk paint.



She just held a  workshop at Beaches on Saturday and will be holding more.

Go Here for more information.

 


This is an area set up in the shop where the available colors are shown and where all the creativity takes place...

This is Sandy.  She was busy making paint sample strips for the workshop.  She really loves what she does and  can't stop talking about this wonderful paint.

I was very impressed with the pieces that Sandy and Lynette have painted using AS Chalk Paint.  Here are just a few pieces that are for sale in the shop...


I love the treatment they did on this vintage chair....
Also they taped off and painted the fabric on the seat, with, you guessed it....Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  Don't you love it!

Just look at this sweet chair!

I fell in love with this stool.  She also used a technique on the woven seat, which I really like and plan to use.  Just look how weathered and beachy it looks.  Yum!



Love this mirror!

Great display!

They also design and paint these wooden letters.
I plan to go back and get me a few of these cuties.



Get a load of this great architectural piece done with
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!  Gorgeous!


Don't you just love this darlin little vintage jewelry box painted, using AS chalk paint...

Lynette also does these signs using the chalk paint!

Love this piece.

And this one....

How about this very ordinary wooden box now transformed with AS chalk paint!

Lynette ships Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and you can order it by going to her site.  Just click Here!

If you order from Beaches, please tell them that Sissie sent you.

While I was there I bought my first can, along with the clear wax.
As soon as I decide what I'm going to paint I'll share it with all of you.  I can't wait to get started.

Special thanks to Lynette for allowing me to photograph her shop and talk about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
You girls are real sweeties!

~~hugs~~
Sissie

35 comments:

Cindy said...

Sissie,

You live in North Myrtle Beach, that's awesome, i live in Hillsborough, NC, not that far away! I thought you lived in California, i don't know why.
Maybe one day I'll actually be able to get to her shop. Those big letters are awesome, and i can't believe you can use the paint to paint stripes on fabric like that. Can't wait to see which colors you picked and what you do with them!

Cindy

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Beaches looks like one awesome shop! Painting my first item with Annie's paint today:)

Blessings,
Linda

raggygirlvintage said...

Beachfront and chalk paint, seriously!!!! I think I need to relocate:-)
Look forward to seeing your project...
Tracey

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

We're lucky we have a store here in OKC that sells ASCP as well! My problem? Can't decide which color! I SOOOO want to try this paint!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Forgot to say I loved all the inspiration photos you've posted! Looks like a wonderful shop!

A Vintage Green said...

Love that Annie Sloan paint. Lucky you for a close store. Not in Canada though.

Sares said...

You lucky duck! I have to pay for shipping, I'm too far away from everyone. Great pieces in this shop, I would have so much fun looking around.

I love this paint too, however I don't like the waxing part. But it's still worth it. I used the paint today and also added clear/dark wax to a piece I had previously painted with regular latex paint. I am anxious to see how it will turn out once I can buff it out. Have fun and have a great weekend!

The English Romantic said...

It's great that you can get this fabulous paint, I use it all the time. The shop I use is in Devon and Annies husband sometimes delivers the paint straight from their Oxfordshire base. The wax is amazing too.

Riet said...

THat looks like a great shop Sissie. They don't just sell paint but they also show you what you can do with it. Gives you ideas. And I also love everything they sell there. I love love that mirror.
Have a wonderful weekend!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

This was a fun, virtual shopping post! That paint is magic.

Claudia said...

I really want to try Chalk Paint! Lucky you to have it so close by!

xo
Claudia

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Lucky lucky you to have a place close by that sells my favorite paint. Oh, I wish we had a place here. It has to come to our area eventually. Great pieces. Love the stripes on the chair fabric.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That looks like an amazing store! I love all those pieces and especially how it transformed that jewelry box. Great idea. Can't wait to see what you do with the AS chalk paint. hugs, Linda

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Lucky you Sissie! The shipping adds so much to the overall cost.

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

I guess I must be living under a rock! Chalk Paint?? I can't wait to research and learn more, I be repainting all the things in my shop I'm afraid! Great post, and great shop you featured.

Sharon Wengel said...

You are so lucky to have a place near you that sells chalk paint . I'm dieing to know what you think of it ! I've been trying my best to win some , but it looks like I will have to bite the bullet and order a can and try it.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Wow Sissie, I am just jealous that you have a beautiful shop like Beaches close by! Stop over to my blog, you won the give away! Just email your mailing info and I will send you a package full of fun!
Hugs, Pam

Ozma of Odds said...

...oh Sissie! it's like you were reading my mind!! i have been wanting to try this chalk paint!!

Have you personally tried it??
do YOU love it??
and the waxes too??

i can't decide on which gray to use...
so many pretties to update...and i love the fact that you can right over any preexisting paint:)

LOVE you photo of your booth with the lace tablecloth draped over the chair:)

xo, Rosemary

Petite Michelle Louise said...

ok..time to find me some of that stuff and give it a try already!!!

Dorthe said...

Wow Sissie, that paint looks fantastic, and how amazing that it can also be used on fabric- I almost did not believe my eyes seeing those c hairs - and every piece looks wonderful.
Wish you a great weekend--are you painting :)
Love,Dorthe

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow Sissie, now if it was right here and I did not have to pay shipping I would give it a whirl....Oh, I can't wait to see what you do with it!!! I am on the edge of my chair!

Carol

Heaven's Walk said...

Well, first of all....I'm jealous that you have that sweet shop right around the corner from you. Second....I'm jealous that you have a sweet little shop carrying AS paint right around the corner from you. Third....you can paint on FABRIC with AS paint???? I never knew that! :) Thanks for the wonderful tour of that awesome shop, Sissie! :)

xoxo laurie

Rebecca said...

Great post Sissy Girl! I can't believe there is a shop close to you that carries this paint! Bah!

I'm going to see if SOMEONE here has it!

xoRebecca

Conny's Cottage said...

Wooow wat a great place!
I like it


Conny

Jane said...

Looks like a wonderful store! I haven't purchased any AS paint yet but I keep reading about it on so many blogs and I am going to have to get some. Thanks for the info. on Beaches. If I order from them I will definitely tell them that you sent me.
Have a great week.
Jane

Sofies Haus said...

Hi, what abeautiful shop!!!Amazing, hughs Anja

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

How wonderful that you can see paint samples in person and not have to pay for shipping! That is what gets you, the shipping! I am keeping my eyes peeled for a stockist in Ohio that is fairly close to me. Can't wait to see what you create with yours~Hugs, Patti

Rustique Gal said...

Sissy, This paint looks awesome. I will check it out. Meanwhile, wishing I could zoom myself down there for a shopping vacation. What fun your shop and the Beach shop look!!!
Hope you are enjoying your summer,
Hugs,
Sherry

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Gf, I did not know you lived at myrtle beach! We visit there often... maybe we will have to do lunch next time and go buy some paint! I love that paint.

Okio B Designs said...

I have just got to get a hold of this paint! I'm dying to try it after hearing all of the great reviews.

Jeanine

{oc cottage} said...

Oh, you are such a lucky duck!!

m ^..^

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Great post! I didn't know how awesome this paint really looked. Just posted a sign someone made..., but this paint seems to be perfect to achieve the coastal weathered look.

Love of the Sea said...

Love all these wonderful pieces. I have some different cans at home that I just ordered...Im going to experiment this weekend! Can't wait.

Youaretalkingtoomuch.com said...

We are neighbors and I didn't even know it! Hello from Conway! www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com Love, Me

Passionate for White said...

Thanks for turning me on to Beaches.... great shop!

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup