Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sharing a little of this and some of that....

Well, it looks like I've done gone and done it again.....neglecting my blog!  Seems as though I'm having trouble, again, trying to come up with something interesting to tell you. So, I'll just show you a little of this and that....

With the feeling of Spring in the air I've been in the mood to make up some Spring floral arrangements.  I found the wooden container in a thrift store then painted it and filled it with happy flowers and moss.  Tied on a burlap bow and added a little ceramic bird.
This pretty arrangement was created by my sister.  We love texting each other about our projects and attaching photos. It's our way of staying connected although we are miles apart....

I created this pretty arrangement with a mercury glass vase, some burlap script flowers, a big white flower and the added the piece'de la resistance....the burlap, ribbon and lace bow!


Since I'm on a roll, I went ahead and made up some cute image pillows.  Love this one with the rabbit image from the Graphic's Fairy.


He's so darn cute.  I love how he looks all vintagey and faded.  I planned that you know. Not.  The fabric didn't take the ink so well and the result was a nice faded look that I think is pretty cool.

Another pillow.  This time I used this sweet Mermaid image from the Graphic's Fairy.  Love her.


Last, I spruced up the entryway table with some new topiaries from Home Goods.  A bird and a bunny and of course, another mirror.


Well, that's it for now.  Hope that you all get out there this week and create, make, bake, sew, write, photograph, repurpose. and find something wonderful.  Whatever you do be sure and share it with the rest of us.

                                             ~~hugs~~
                                               Sissie

23 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the floral arrangements and your touch of spring. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Your florals look gorgeous, Sissie, but I REALLY LOVE that rabbit graphic pillow. So very, very sweet!
Nice to see you here. Are you LOVING your new home? xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Sissie! Well, you may not think this is interesting - but I love it. Look at all of the talent you have - everything is so pretty and I love the bunny pillow!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosas fotos y bonitas ideas, besos

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Sissie! I love your tote arrangement. Funny how you and your sister did something similar with a tote and burlap bow! : )

Susie said...

I really like those pillows. Your home is sweet. Hope you are having good weather. xoxo,Susie

Okio B Designs said...

Ooooooh, that bunny pillow is just adorable!

Jeanine

Unknown said...

It's all so pretty. If you have a tutorial for putting graphics on your pillows, I'd sure love to have it! I'm not good with graphics (what little I've tried), but I'd love to be. Your floral arrangements are beautiful, too! I always enjoy your posts!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love those arrangements! They turned out perfectly... I need to sew some pillows for spring yours turned out lovely.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love those arrangements! They turned out perfectly... I need to sew some pillows for spring yours turned out lovely.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Unknown said...

I took a year long break from blogging but only because I was having computer glitches and then it simply died! But Jackie is back and I'm so happy I've found you again. Your work and your home and I'm assuming you still have the same booth is as beautiful as always. I'm blogging in two areas...still at Jacquelines-land.blogspot.com and my art/craft business Dingbatalleyartblog.com love sent to you!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sissie, I always enjoy seeing what your home looks like. Love it all but that last vignette just called my name! I think I'll pin it!
hugs,
Linda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Sissie......that bunny pillow is as sweet as it can be! Good to here from you! Have a great Spring week!

Mari said...

Sissie I'm loving your sweet pillows the bunny one being my fav, your touch of spring are just fresh and beautiful...

Hugs~
Mari

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the arrangements that both you and your sister did. Really like those pillows too--the texture is great. Enjoy your day!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love your entry display! But that adorable bunny pillow has stolen my heart! I love the faded look too!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the floral arrangements! That bunny pillow is perfect and I love the fabric it is on! So many goodies in one blog, what a treat!

Carol

Ivy and Elephants said...

You are one busy girl! LOVE those arrangements with the burlap and the cute pillows, too. I'd better start creating something!!!
Hugs,
Patti

Debbie said...

The vignette in your entry is so pretty, Sissie! I really love the pillows you made. and the arrangements turned out great!!
You do good work, girl!
Enjoy Spring.
xo

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

So much talent in one family. Love the flowers and pillows are to cute...
Hugs,
Cindy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Everything is so pretty Sissie...I'm really lovin your graphic pillows!!

malowanekrzyżykami said...

Beautifully. Happy Easter.

Cindy said...

Oh, i love that the bunny pillow is faded, that's the best part about it! Everything looks so pretty, all your arrangements, and love the vignette with the topiaries!

Cindy

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup