Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pink Girlie Boudoir Pillow creation



Um, can you tell I reached a creative block when it comes to making pillows?  I wanted to do something different and, well,  guess you could say this pillow is a little different.
I've always wondered what to do with one of these contraptions, lord knows I couldn't wear one of them now if I were dyin!  So after seeing these things in the thrift stores, I finally bought one for $1.00.  I noticed the check-out clerk gave me a funny look that said "hey mama, who are you kiddin, you ain't gonna fit in this!"

I decided to turn it into a pillow, a boudoir pillow.  My dear hub suggested calling it "the lonely guys pillow."  Um.

Anyway, here it is.  Not sure what to do with it.  I might put it in my booth for a good  conversational piece.  Shows I got a sense of humor.  I noticed too, after I made it that one side is flatter than the other, but I won't go there.

I'll let you know what happens to the poor thing.


6 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

A Boudoir Pillow!!! I love it! What a cute idea! I am, as always, in awe of your creativity!

Quasi Serendipita said...

Stopping by from SITS :) This post really made me smile - thanks for brightening my morning!

Anonymous said...

Your bustier pillow is darling :D What a cute idea~how funny one side came out a little "flatter", I won't go there either ;)
Welcome to Pink Saturday! I've only been "pinking" for about a month or so now. Great idea, eh?

kimcox said...

This is so cute and creative, I love it!

*****Stopping in from SITS to say Hi*****

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I LOVE it!!!!

Hugs,
Marsha

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

You know this is funny, but real cute at the same time.... lovely pink color and the lace is Sweet. Very Different!

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup