Monday, April 17, 2017

The Loss of a Son.

"So there is this boy.  He stole my heart.  He calls me Mom..."

Today I am asking all you prayer warriors to pray for Ginger who lost her son, Jeremy just this past week.  Many of you remember Ginger from her blog called Glitter and Roses.  


Jeremy Becker.  January 22, 1978 - April 11, 2017
I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through right now.  I just can't.  But I can ask for your thoughts and prayers that you might reach out to her and offer some comfort.

Her son, Jeremy has been sick for a long time.  He suffered with UC.  Ginger told me that his illness was severe and he had not been responding to treatments.  Ginger and I truly connected as Moms with sons suffering from UC/Crohn's.  We both know the pain of not being able to help them and the constant worry that never goes away.  Ginger told Jeremy about my son and I told Jeff about Jeremy.  Both of them truly understood the other's struggles. Both of them so young.

Here is Ginger's tribute to her son Jeremy... 

A Celebration of Life for Jeremy Douglas Becker, age 39, of Waukomis, is 1:00 pm, Friday, April 14, 2017 at Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home Chapel, with Pastor Abraham Wright officiating. Burial will follow in Waukomis Cemetery. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home. 
Jeremy Douglas Becker, was born in Enid, OK., January 22, 1978 to Ginger (Goodwin) Becker Engler and Doug Becker, and passed away April 11, 2017 after a long illness. Jeremy attended Waukomis Schools and was active in band as a drummer, played baseball, football and basketball. He was always joking and making us laugh. Jeremy was a very loving, considerate person and had a heart for helping others. He loved protecting our environment and had a love for all animals. He loved family holidays, Christmas being his favorite as we gathered together. He always made sure to have that special gift for each person.


Jeremy was baptized at the age of 11 at Waukomis Christian Church and was a child of God.

HE ADORED HIS SISTER Tammy and loved his mom and stepdad Bob with an unending love.
He never missed sending his Mom a heartfelt card or gift for each holiday which melted her heart.

Jeremy was an avid OU football fan and enjoyed watching each game but his biggest enjoyment was traveling to big concerts of his favorite bands. He enjoyed drawing, painting and photography, and excelled in it. 

He had advanced skills in electronics but due to his illness was unable to put his skills to work in the business world.
He is preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Glen Goodwin, and paternal grandmother Wanda Becker.

Jeremy is survived by his mom Ginger Engler, and stepdad, Bob Engler; of Enid; dad Doug Becker, of Waukomis; sister Tammy Neal and husband James, of Enid; maternal grandmother Mary Donaldson of Enid; paternal grandfather Arthur Becker, of Enid; as well as many uncles, aunts and cousins and nieces. 

In lieu of flowers, Jeremy expressed that he would like for donations in his memory to be made to a struggling Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis patient. Memorials may be made to Diana Wise % Jeffrey Wise, a patient of Crohn’s Disease, with Ladusau-Evans Funeral Home serving as custodian of the funds. 
Condolences may be made and services viewed online at www.ladusauevans.com


Please join me in sending love and condolences to Ginger and her family.  She needs to know that she and her son are not forgotten and that we all feel her sorrow.  
You can leave your comments here and I'll make sure that she gets them.  You will also find her on FB.


                                          Thank you.
                                           ~~hugs~~
                                            Sissie


10 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sissie, what a wonderful young man and it's so sad he lost his battle with UC. I'm glad you and his Mom have connected and continue to support each other. I'll pray for Ginger and family and always you and Jeff.
hugs,
Linda

Klik said...

Oh my God... So young man...

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I can't even imagine the heartache. Praying

Tamara said...

I'm so sorry.. I'll be praying for the family.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sissie,
I am speechless... Ginger and I first met on another site and became friends. It was Ginger who encouraged me to stat a blog. If it was not for Ginger, Debbie-Dabble would not exist. I am heart broken.....
Hugs,
Deb

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh I am just so sorry to learn this.

May he truly rest in peace.

Prayers go out to his family.

Thanks for letting us know.

Terribly sorry.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Heartbreaking. I'm so thankful Ginger will see him again one day in heaven. Everyone...and you and your son, are in my prayers.

<3 Rebecca

Mary said...

So very sad to learn of your friend losing her beloved son at such a young age. My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family, and I pray Jeremy is in a beautiful, peaceful, pain-free place now.
Meanwhile I continue to send good wishes to your Jeff.
You are a kind and caring person Sissie -

Amy Chalmers said...

How sad this is....what a beautiful son he was. I am very sorry to read this and send my condolences to Ginger and the rest of her family. You are a good friend Sissie.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Sissie this is just completely heartbreaking. I have a niece who has Crohn's Disease and many people just don't understand how life threatening it can be. My heart goes out to Ginger. I will keep her in my prayers.

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup