It wasn't until just about a few years ago, that my Mom gave me an old silver pitcher with the logo of the Greenbrier Hotel. It has special meaning because my Grandmom worked at the grand Southern Icon for over 40 years. I took just one look at it and knew that I was about to start a "collection." The worn silver over the pewter has a patina like nothing else. It's lovely to look at and even lovelier when it's in your own china cabinet!
I remember this type of silver so well. Every year until I was around nine years old, my Mom and I would ride the train to my Grandmom's house. I can remember vividly the sounds and smell of the train and especially the diner car! We would have tea and cookies and eveything would be served on white,crisp linens. Silver pitchers held icewater and little pitchers held hot water for your tea. I used to think the little pitchers were just for little girls. Excuse me while I get all teary eyed.......
Anyway, I have found very reputable ebay seller that deals only with Hotel and Railroad treasures. If you want to go there and look around, it's called Union Depot.
Hope you enjoy how I've displayed my treasures.
My favorite stuff
- Iced Vanilla Coffee
- Finding Junk and making it beautiful
- Spending Time with my Sister
- Holidays with my family
- Poirot movies
- reading murder mysteries
- searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
- writing stories and blogging
- snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
- comfortable pajamas
- slot machines
- yard sales
- hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
- going to antique shops
- eating out with my sister
- having lunch with my husband
- having lunch with my son
- vanilla wafer cookies
- pedicures and pink toenail polish
- Lavender scented soaps and body wash
- Good makeup