Monday, April 25, 2016

New China Cabinet and JDL!!!

Thanks for all your helpful comments on my painted hutch.  You are the best when it comes to feedback and suggestions.  So, the majority said, "NO!"  So, I removed it and replaced it.
My entryway extends to an open dining room.  So the perfect place for this piece is the entryway.

This is a pretty piece from the Bob Timberlake design made by Lexington furntiture.  Lucky me, bought it from another vendor that had it in her booth. 
I am going to rearrange it on the inside and combine the white plates with the transfer ware.  I think I put too much white on the top shelf but I couldn't wait to show it to all of you.
I've been trying out a touch of the color, soft coral.  I think I'm liking it, for now.  Who knows what color I'll use next.  I think I'm I suffer from "color fear."
On the other side of the cabinet I placed a wingback chair and hung the gold mirror.  For now, I like it.  For now.

Before:
Thank you all so much!!!

Switching gears, here's a look at the newest style from Jeanne d'Arc Living.  I'll have it in my Etsy Shop today.
 This one is too pretty for words.  The lace and the slip underneath are enough to make you just want to hang it on the wall and keep it forever.

Okay, that's it for now.  What do you think of the new cabinet?

                                             ~~hugs~~
                                              Sissie

10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sissie, I love the new cabinet! It holds a lot of pretty china and displaying your treasures in it will be fun. The mirror and chair snuggling up to it make a lovely statement. Love the slip and scarf too. Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day.

Hugs,
Sandi

Linda @ A La Carte said...

LOVE the new cabinet. Pretty lines and it looks wonderful in there!
hugs,
Linda

Nancy's Notes said...

Sissy, your new cabinet is perfect, I just love it! Must say, the coral touches are so soft and soothing, wonderful choice! Ahhh...that gorgeous white dress is breathtaking, it's one for your wall, indeed! Happy day, sweet friend, it's been so long! Hope all is well.
Nancy

Seawashed said...

Everything is so pretty. xx

Pinehurst Farm said...

Sissy
Love the new cabinet! This one is Beautiful and it is you!
Everything looks lovely!
Blessings

Donna Wilkes said...

It looks perfectly Sissie-Style! Love that pop of coral. The new cabinet fills the space nicely.

Debbie said...

I looked at both posts, and must admit, I do think this new cabinet is more YOU, Sissie. Not that the other one isn't pretty...it is. This new one just fits your area in the entry so perfectly. Love the way you've displayed the dishes, and flanked the cabinet with the chairs, and mirror. The addition of coral is pure "summer". LOVE it all!
The new JDL dress is eye-popping!
Have a great evening, dear Sissie.
Debbie
xo

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your new china cabinet is such a wonderful piece! It looks great in your entry way! Love all the transferware inside too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The hutch looks great! And WOW to that pretty dress! The bit of color is nice. I don't think I fear color. But too much aggravates me. Haha! Nice thing about white is you can go with your whim whenever. Looks beautiful. Thanks for the good word about my new room!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Found you from Deb's Common Ground post and am your newest follower.

I have a lot of back reading to do - love your painted hutch - you did a GREAT job with it!

So glad to have found you. : - )

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup