Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Farmhouse Style meets Glam...

I love Farmhouse style and I love the glamorous look too. Heck I love every decorating style that I see here on the Blogs! But who has the budget to change out the living room every month!   So how do you mix these two together....take a look and you tell me!

I have a lot of wall space in the family room, which connects to the kitchen, which connects to the entryway and so on and so forth.  It's the open concept that I love, to an extent. Um. But I'll not preach on that today.

I have big walls to fill.  So this large tobacco basket fills up a lot of blank wall space.  Since I don't have the budget for new chairs, these 20 year old wing backs (covered a gazillion times) will have to do.

So, tobacco basket, traditional wing back chair, plus a glam faux fur rug used as a throw and a chic shredded pillow equals ??? style.  Guess I'll call it Farmhouse Luxe.

 We Bloggers are constantly falling in love with everyone else's decorating style, but honestly it doesn't always work in our homes. So you see it is possible to work with what you have by maybe adding something inexpensive here and there.

You can add a new pillow or in my case a faux fur rug, maybe a new lamp or basket or something you've found at the thrift or your favorite vintage shop.  I've learned over the years that it's always good to decorate with what you love and not get caught up in the latest decorating trends.  

Show me or tell me how you deal with your decorating brain overload....I'd love to know.

                                               ~~hugs~~
                                                 Sissie

11 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Isn't it just crazy how we get caught up in that --hmmm...should I get rid of this and get that? Hmmmm...should I repaint? Hmmmmmm....do I need a new rug? Sometime for me just rearranging what I have and shifting it to different rooms (or even positions in a room) make a difference for me. Something that looked tired suddenly looks fresh. xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it, totally my style too.

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Love it - and I love the Farmhouse Luxe style. Great name.

Junkchiccottage said...

It looks awesome. I think moving things around can really make a difference. Shopping your own house and bringing different things in to make a statement is so much fun. I love your glam luxe look. Very pretty.
xoxo
Kris

Unknown said...

Love how you decorate Sista💕

Lady Pamela said...

I like how your pillow kind of looks like hay. Lol
Thanks for the new post.
*Smiles*

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hiya Sissie! Changing up accessories is the way I go too. Love that tobacco basket! There's a lot of stuff I love looking at that I could never do in my own house. Farmhouse glam works for me! J.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sissie, I love the tobacco basket and your style is beautiful!

Katie Mansfield said...

Cute. I'm always changing things up. I got rid of my wing backs and have regretted ever since.

Twinkle Terrior said...

Sissie, i love all the texture of this post ! so fun and the neutral colors are so tranquil which i adore :)

Cocoanlace said...

I liked that you combined luxury with the impoverished farmhouse look. Kewl.
I think Farmhouse Luxe is a perfect name for it and someone should steal this handle quick.
My place is now coastal farmhouse with garden and industrial touches with shabby chic I am unable to part with. So confused must be the look I am going for.

My favorite stuff

  • Donuts
  • Iced Vanilla Coffee
  • Finding Junk and making it beautiful
  • Spending Time with my Sister
  • Holidays with my family
  • Poirot movies
  • reading murder mysteries
  • searching shabby chic stuff on ebay
  • writing stories and blogging
  • snuggling with my husband and my kitty kats
  • comfortable pajamas
  • slot machines
  • yard sales
  • hunting through estate sales and thrift shops
  • going to antique shops
  • eating out with my sister
  • having lunch with my husband
  • having lunch with my son
  • vanilla wafer cookies
  • pedicures and pink toenail polish
  • Lavender scented soaps and body wash
  • Good makeup